Saturday, August 1, 2009

Month of July Round Up

I had some fun digging up voter registration records for Cornell administrators, and I remain stunned that University Ave. will be closed for 105 more weeks.

To save money, President Skorton is riding the bus to New York, while registrar David Yeh was traded to the Saudis for $5 million.

Ithaca is no longer gorges, since some local residents think Cornell's Lake Source Cooling project is lowering Cayuga Lake's water quality, while truckloads of garbage parade down Route 79.

The hockey season is less than three months away. It looks like Riley Nash will be staying for his junior season, but I've come to realize that Cornell hockey isn't a big-time sport. Some hockey alumni are doing better than others.

In a lengthy and likely boring post, I discussed the different standards for hazing at the Air Force Academy and Cornell.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who on Friday addressed for a whole five minutes an auditorium packed with interns who had waited over an hour to hear her speak (but I'm not bitter), declared "I love Cornell" and launched into a heartfelt rendition of "Evening Song."

No comments:

Post a Comment