Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hillary Clinton: "I Love Cornell"

Secretary of State Clinton held a town hall meeting on Friday at the State Department. The first question was from Tim DeVoogd, a Cornell professor of psychology who is currently on leave and working at the State Department.
QUESTION: Hi, my name’s Tim DeVoogd. I’m a Jefferson Science Fellow in Western Hemisphere and a professor at Cornell University. And I want to make a plug for science diplomacy in particular. And more than saying nice words about it, of course, for the words to mean anything, it has to come with funding, which, in turn, means coordination between State and USAID to promote programs. And I was wondering if you could say anything about how the organization of USAID will develop to support new initiatives like this one.

SECRETARY CLINTON: Well, I agree with you. And I thank you for taking time out and I love Cornell, so it’s wonderful you’re here working in the State Department.
Transcript

Thanks to MA for the tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment