Wednesday, August 12, 2009

NHL.com Says Nash Is Staying

Yet another source, this time NHL.com, reports that Riley Nash is likely to stay:
Riley Nash -- A 6-1, 175-pound center, Nash is leaning toward returning to Cornell for his junior season. The 2007 first-round pick (No. 21) is said to possess a very good, if not flashy, offensive game, falling somewhere between the persona of a defensively sound second-line player and a checker with some puck-handling flair.
In July, Nash attended the Oilers prospects camp. I knew that the attendees spent one afternoon doing military training at a Canadian army base, but I hadn't known this had happened to Nash:
The session included simulated shooting practice, a parachute jump, and rappelling down a 100-foot wall -- an exercise that got the better of prospect Riley Nash, who ended up suspended upside down nearly 100 feet off the ground.

"I didn't let any rope out, so I went end-over," said Nash. "Everyone started laughing, so I knew I wasn't in too much trouble."
I guess Schafer doesn't have the guys spend too much time on the Lindseth Climbing Wall in Bartels.

Previous: Nash Is Staying, Nash Is Staying

(NHL)

No comments:

Post a Comment