Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Thank You

Thank you to my readers for making May the most successful month by far in terms of visits. At the right is a bar graph of visits by month since I started tracking my blog stats in January.

I know there are a bunch of you who stop by every day to see if I've posted anything, some who visit occasionally, and a few who stumble across my blog from various Google searches (try "michael steele sesame street" for a common way people come in here).

So, thanks for taking the time to read about some of the few topics I know anything about (Cornell hockey, politics) and the other topics about which I sometimes pretend to know something.

As the summer continues, I'll be focusing on Washington and my experiences here, but I'll be keeping an eye on Ithaca in case there's any exciting summer news.

As always, I welcome any comments, criticism, or suggestions.

I realize I didn't write a legitimate post today, but I'd encourage you to read Michael Moore's thoughtful (and quite apolitical) column about GM's bankruptcy:
As I sit here in GM's birthplace, Flint, Michigan, I am surrounded by friends and family who are filled with anxiety about what will happen to them and to the town. Forty percent of the homes and businesses in the city have been abandoned. Imagine what it would be like if you lived in a city where almost every other house is empty. What would be your state of mind?

1 comment: