Friday, April 24, 2009

How Does Apple Make Money?

Well, obviously they do. Probably on iPods, iPhones, and people stupid enough to not buy an extended warranty for their computers.

I was reunited with my MacBook tonight, a few days ahead of schedule. All the repairs were covered under my warranty, but Apple included the receipt so I could see just how much it cost to fix everything...

Logic board: $876
Top case: $139
Hardware repair: $135

Total of $1150, or roughly $100 more than what I paid for the damn thing nearly 3 years ago. Apple just spent more money to fix my computer than I paid to buy it in 2006. How does this make sense for them?

In any case, things seem to be working okay, and I'll get back into my routine of posting every day.

1 comment:

  1. That's not how much it cost them to repair your computer; it's the retail value of the repairs, or what they would have charged you in the absence of your warranty.

    ReplyDelete