Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back Up North

After a rough 19 days in the Sunshine Freezing Cold State, I'll finally be flying back to the Northeast later today. This "vacation" has been difficult on many levels and I'm looking forward to heading north.

On an unrelated note, here's an interesting perspective on Cornell hockey fans from a Manhattan barmaid (and UNH alum, apparently):
The four guys in the corner wearing red and white break out in shouts and applause, and I don't have to turn around and look at the television to know something has happened that I won't like, but I do anyway. Sure enough, Cornell has taken a 3-2 lead against my beloved Wildcats, and I heave a sigh. One of the Cornell guys comes up to the bar shortly thereafter to order another pitcher, and points at the New Hampshire hockey jersey I'm wearing. To his credit, instead of needling me about the current score, he asks, "Hey, is that a game-worn?"

No comments:

Post a Comment