Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Sun Explores Student Blogging

In today's Red Letter Daze section, Munier Salem (who gave this blog a shout-out in his farewell column last week) provides a nice overview of the world of Cornell student blogging.

I agree with the basic conclusion of the article, that we bloggers bring a welcome variety of perspectives and viewpoints to the online world. And interesting that we all dislike (did I really use the word 'hate'?) Slope Media.

I don't consider myself anti-Greek, which is what Salem implies. I strongly support the Greek system at Cornell; I just wish it could eliminate some of the hypocrisy and bad decision-making which continues to imperil its existence.

Regardless, as Salem notes at the end, the Big Red blogosphere could look quite different next year. I don't think this blog will continue in the same way, if at all, and I'm unsure what will happen with Ithacating. Hopefully there will be some fresh faces looking to jump into the fray.

1 comment:

  1. Such is the nature of Cornell blogging. Over the past decade, many great blogs have appeared and disappeared. Except for Matt at MetaEzra, few bloggers have consistently remained active long after graduation. Even at MetaEzra, it was originally also co-written by another guy named Andy who has since gone on to other things.

    ReplyDelete