Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Unhelpful Uncle Ezra

Mired in pedantry, Ezra ignores the point of the original question. As someone who often took advantage of the Store's return policy, I'm interested to hear the definitive answer.

Hey Uncle Ezra,

I purchased my books from the school store and just had a question about the return policy. It states you can return books up to 7 days after purchase. Would that, for example, be Monday to Monday or Monday to Sunday? Let me know, thanks.

-Confused Consumer

Dear Confused,

The store is not open on Sunday. If you purchased books on Monday, you have until the next Monday to return them.

2 comments:

  1. What about this one today too? Just as unhelpful. I don't believe the questioner ever implied they would paint the walls...

    Dear Uncle Ezra,

    I live in Hans Bethe on West Campus and am wondering what the exact wall color of the rooms is. I tried to match the wall colorings to a few samples at Home Depot and only managed to come close. Where does Cornell get the paint and what is the exact tone?

    Sincerely,

    Curious

    Dear Painter,

    Oops. Please don't paint your walls. If there is a problem let the facilities manager know and they will take care of the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you purchased on Monday, you have until the following Monday.

    ReplyDelete