Monday, February 8, 2010

McKee Charges Dropped?

I've gotten some comments that the rape charges against former Cornell hockey goalie David McKee '07 have been dropped. His Wikipedia page says charges were dropped on January 29.

However, I can't find any media reports about the McKee case, and the Orange County DA's office still has McKee listed under "cases in the news," with a date set in April for the trial to begin.

It seems likely that the charges have been dropped, but I haven't seen anything confirmed. I'm too lazy to call California to find out directly.

Anyone have information?

3 comments:

  1. Well I guess that clears everything up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ithaca Journal reported on Feb. 25 that McKee's lawyer was going to make a motion for dismissal so I don't see how the anonymous poster can say the charges were dismissed weeks earlier. Since McKee had a trial date in late January it sounds more like the trial was delayed.

    The same Orange County DA webpage that lists the trial date lists March 19 as "motion". Maybe the judge will rule then. Otherwise, that date could be for any final pre-trial motions.

    ReplyDelete